The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) opens its doors as part of the annual Open House London festival each September, welcoming thousands of visitors each year.
This year you can visit on 22 and 23 September between 10am and 5pm (last entry 4:15pm). You’ll be able to:
- hear about FCO’s formation and important historic events that have taken place within its walls
- see the impressive architecture and fine rooms
- see how the building is being updated to meet the needs of the modern world while maintaining its historical significance
- learn about how the modern FCO supports the government on the international stage and the service it provides to the UK public around the world
- meet staff and hear about what it’s like to work in FCO