The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) opens its doors as part of the annual Open House London festival. This year you will be able to come and learn about our amazing architecture, art and history on 21 and 22 September 2019.
You can also visit Lancaster House, a former royal residence that we manage on behalf of the Government, on Open House weekend.
In 2018 we were open on the weekend of 22 and 23 September. We welcomed 5,900 visitors on Saturday and 6,820 on Sunday, who:
- heard about FCO’s formation and important historic events that have taken place within its walls
- saw the impressive architecture and fine rooms
- saw how the building is being updated to meet the needs of the modern world while maintaining its historical significance
- learned about how the modern FCO supports the government on the international stage and the service it provides to the UK public around the world
- met staff and heard about what it’s like to work in FCO